Material Sensor Tri²dent: An Innovation from Sensorik Austria
The tri²dent material sensors from Sensorik Austria are revolutionizing the industrial sensor technology: conventional sensorics up to now were only able to detect the presence and at the most the colour of an object, whereas the innovative tri²dent sensor can also identify and differentiate objects based on their material composition! But that’s not all: monitoring ingredients or controlling the application of material during coating processes is possible with this new sensor type.
Learn more about the versatile application possibilities and the operating principles of our material sensors!
Many possibilities due to new material sensors
Our newly developed tri²dent material sensor is the first compact industrial material sensor on the market! While the characterization of (organic) materials previously was only possible in laboratories or when using expensive process spectrometers, the tri²dent sensor also allows this in the industrial monitoring process, thanks to the use of a simplified spectrometric principle. The material sensor performs the following functions:
- Identifying and differentiating different (organic) materials, for example distinguishing plastic from paper or synthetic materials from each other
- Monitoring material application during coating processes
- Measuring the concentration of the ingredients in transparent or semi-transparent materials
But how exactly functions a tri²dent material sensor? In the following we give you a short overview over the operating principles:
- Most organic materials show characteristic absorption profiles in the near-infrared range, meaning, at certain wave lengths they absorb more light (absorption band) than at other wave lengths.
- In order to use this, the absorption band of the materials to be identified must be determined, so the sensor can be equipped with suitable light sources.
- The sensor emits up to three infrared rays in different wave lengths that are absorbed by the illuminated materials according to their specific absorption profiles.
- The sensor will evaluate the reflected – and by absorption differentially reduced – light of the three channels. By comparing the values with previously taught material parameters the sensor can now deduce the particular material.
- The sensor transmits its results to the process control system. Depending on the specific task, it outputs a signal that is either binary (the material is present or not) or analogue (corresponding to a material ID or a concentration in percentage).
Sensorik Austria GmbH – Your Professional for Sensor Solutions
In combination with special high-quality quartz glass fibre optics, tri²dent enables material recognition, even in environments of high temperatures and when measuring points are difficult to access. Even a high contamination environment poses no problem for tri²dent.
Discover other sensors in our product range as well: from high-performing photo sensors and fibre optic sensors to moisture sensors, we offer you specialists for challenging projects in industrial process monitoring. Do you have questions, or would you like to discuss you potential application? Then contact us, we will gladly help you!
PLEASE SEND US YOUR INQUIRY: